The experience and outcomes associated with the commission of a bespoke piece from an expert craftsperson is unparalleled to purchasing anything mass-produced.
The rationale and benefits of this process include:
- A final product that is tailor-made to your exact specifications
- A focus on quality which guarantees your project is built well and made-to-last
- The employment of sustainable materials and production processes
- Support for time-honoured skills and techniques that have been passed down for generations
- Connecting directly with a maker to bypass global supply chains, removing the barrier to any doubts you may have with expertise, materials and working conditions
- An emotional connection to your commissioned piece, ensuring you end up with something meaningful and sentimental that you can pass on to your kids and theirs.
- A lasting experience in which you can enjoy collaborating with professionals throughout the design process to fulfill your vision and create a story behind the object itself.
For a more in-depth perspective on this topic, refer to the article posted on the Handkrafted Blog titled 'Benefits of Buying Custom'.