For products you have made available for online purchase, a client can complete the checkout workflow and make payment via credit card (note that credit card fees are currently waived for online checkout). These funds will be remitted to the bank account you have nominated within the MAKER PROFILE menu and stored with our payment provider.
For payment requests associated with bespoke commissions, makers have complete flexibility and discretion to propose and mutually agree with the client upon the pricing structure most appropriate for the project.
Payments must be made via the Handkrafted payment facility offered via the Handkrafted website. Once a pricing structure and amounts are agreed upon, the maker can send through the payment request(s) through to the client.
Here’s a typical payment structure:
1. Design Fee (Optional)
- Where the project requires extensive design effort upfront, makers may request payment of a non-refundable fee to cover the associated costs for the time and effort involved. Makers may choose to deduct this amount from the remaining totals if the client proceeds with the project.
2. Initial Deposit / Instalment
- Given the high material costs of quality bespoke furniture pieces, it’s very common for makers to require an initial deposit.
- As a result, such payments are often sent via the Handkrafted payment facility directly to the maker (ie. not an ESCROW payment).
3. Final Payment via ESCROW
- For added peace of mind, Handkrafted offers an ESCROW payment type to minimise risks, including the risk of non-payment by the client following delivery. The payment is safely secured in a vault and then released once the finished product is successfully delivered.
Alternate payment structures, may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Full Upfront Payment; or
- Full Payment on Completion; or
- Instalment payments aligned to agreed time or progress milestones.
Clients are given the option to make payment via bank transfer (via our secure and managed account) or credit card (additional 1.5% surcharge applies). You will be notified once a payment has been successfully received and the funds will then be transferred to your nominated bank account.
It’s mandated that you use the Handkrafted Payment Facility (ie. view the Handkrafted website) for all payments to ensure these are audited and tracked for added assurance and security. Any associated fees and commissions will be automatically deducted from the amount paid out to you. If for any reason a direct payment is taken, makers have agreed to notify Handkrafted within 7 days of its receipt.
Your online Project Details includes a comprehensive summary of all payments between you and the commissioned maker. If these details are not up-to-date (including any direct payments made to the maker), please contact Handkrafted via email@example.com or request the maker to have the record updated.